Special procedure to complete migration of taxpayers to GST
Special procedure for completing migration of taxpayers who received provisional IDs but could not complete the Migration process
The Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby specifies the persons who did not file the complete FORM GST REG 26 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 but received only a Provisional Identification Number (PID) (hereinafter referred to as “such taxpayers”) may now apply for Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN).
The special procedure to be followed for registration of such taxpayers is as detailed below:-
1. The details as per the Table below should be furnished by such taxpayers to the jurisdictional nodal officer of the Central Government or State Government on or before the 31st August, 2018.
2. On receipt of an e-mail from the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN), such taxpayers should apply for registration by logging onto https://www.gst.gov.in/) in the “Services” tab and filling up the application in FORM GST REG-01 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017.
3. After due approval of the application by the proper officer, such taxpayers will receive an email from GSTN mentioning the Application Reference Number (ARN), a new GSTIN and a new access token.
4. Upon receipt, such taxpayers are required to furnish the following details to GSTN by email, on or before the 30th September, 2018, to email@example.com:–
(a) New GSTIN;
(b) Access Token for new GSTIN;
(c) ARN of new applicant
6. Such taxpayers are required to log onto the common portal www.gstn.gov.in using the old GSTIN as “First Time Login” for generation of the Registration Certificate.
Note: Such taxpayers shall be deemed to have been registered with effect from the 1st July, 2017.